New site for Otsuchi Recovery

Share the love

Hi everyone,

I have created this site as a centralized location for all of the information relating to our recovery efforts for Otsuchi.

The List of Hope will be maintained here, so please check it daily for new information. You can also donate to our Otsuchi Recovery Fund via the Paypal button on the right, so please spread the word.

We’ll be posting the minutes of our board meetings and other information so that everyone will have access to up to date information.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions.
~Sharon

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, updates and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to New site for Otsuchi Recovery

1. Barbara Rice says:

Sharon,
    I’d like to suggest that you put out an email and ask everyone to forward it to all those out of this area that on their email list. The email should describe our relationship and commitment to the people of Otsuchi and ask that if our friends have not already donated to the Japanese relief effort that they consider sending their donations to our local fund for Otsuchi. We can assure that the money goes more directly to the people and not to overhead or wherever it seems to inappropriately end up sometimes.

• sharondavis says:

Hi Barbara,
      Great idea. We are actually using the press release, it’s on the right. We’ve all been emailing it to all of our contacts. Feel free to distribute it.

• Amy Wynn says:

I’ve included a signature line in my email accounts to say:

“If you can, please help Fort Bragg’s sister city, Otsuchi, recover from the devastating earthquake and tsunami. Visit Ostuchi.org to find out how.”

2. Dave Turner says:

Want to help visitors see the incredible discussion going on at the Otsuchi-Fort Bragg Cultural Exchange Facebook page.
    Go to: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=361664278967

3. Autumn says:

I LOVE YOU SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4. Akane Jansen says:

I am a Japanese former international school teacher who lives in Tokyo. I came out from Tokyo on March 16th with 5 students and 2 moms. They already went back to Tokyo since school started. I stayed extra weeks since I have a daughter who lives at
    Sea Ranch. I met a gentleman who brought the donation box to the Sea Ranch Lodge and told me about the relationship between Fort Bragg and Otsuchi. I asked him if there is anything I can do, to find some students or their parents or so on, I am glad to do so but I haven’t heard from him since then. I went through all the Otsuchi town’s survivors names from the list that NHK broadcasting station is provided, tried to find Mai Kurosawa whose picture was on the box. I failed to find her but there are so many Kurosawas in that town so if you could give me more information about her or whoever you are trying to find, I probably can be a little help.
    I am leaving from Sea Ranch on the 9th late night and fly back to Tokyo on the 11th.
    if there are anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

5. Akane Jansen says:

Please send me an email. Akane

6. Eric Jones says:

I was an English teacher in Otsuchi this last year. I met the exchange people when they came over. I’m back in the states now, but I was there when it hit and stayed two weeks (until my visa ran out). If you have specific questions about people, odds are I can answer them. I can confirm that every teacher and all of the Board of Education are fine. Abe Jiro-san’s daughter, wife, and house and Ogasawara Junichi-san’s apartment survived. Three students from Otsuchi Sho-gakko are ‘missing’ and three students from Otsuchi Chu-gakko are ‘missing’. Unfortunately, I don’t have the names. All other students from all schools in Otsuchi are accounted for and OK. Otsuchi Sho and Chu had relatively little tsunami damage, but burned. Kita-Sho, the first floor was completely wiped out. Aka-Sho, was destroyed. Kiri-Chu, Kiri-Sho, Ando-Sho, and Otsuchi Koukou were (barely) untouched. Again, I was there two weeks helping with the efforts and walking to every evacuation center, so any other questions, I can probably answer. Also, I have many pictures and videos, as well as some stories, up on my Facebook page, which has been set to open so anyone can see it (no need to friend me). My email is EricShannonJones@gmail.com — anyone is free to contact me.

• Akane Jansen says:

I am back in Tokyo now. If there is anything I can do for you all, please let me know. My email is . The Japanese news paper is showing people’s names, survived, missing or gone.